Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
98 Laser Red V6 Coupe (Read 4044 times)
Ohgami
YaBB Newbies

Colt

98 Laser Red V6 Coupe
Dec 1st, 2008 at 12:51am

I got this car as a daily driver. I have been a Mustang owner for over 16 years. I needed a new car to be a more "Family Friendly" one and I decided it was time for another Mustang. I got this car for $500 and the Mod bug bit. But I'm never one for going aftermarket crazy. I pretty much focused on adding factory options that were somewhat easy to install.
Ironically my 1st Mustang was a Bright Red 74 v6 Coupe.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3178875

IP Logged

MyLittlePony
Administrator

Vintage Mustang Owner

Dallas
Re: 98 Laser Red V6 Coupe
Reply #1 - Dec 5th, 2008 at 2:50pm

Wow, $500? What a deal! And it ran? So how much did you put in it to get it looking the way it does in page 15?

IP Logged

Ohgami
YaBB Newbies

Colt

Reply #2 - Dec 6th, 2008 at 12:01am

Hmmm Well to get it BACK to a precentable shape minus the Upgrades but including the initial cost. About 2500. Including the Addons about 3000.
Heck I couldn't get a NICE one around here for 3000 let alone 2500 and all the extras I added only make it worth more Cheesy

Thanks for the compliments. I did everything myself except the Paint and Body Straightening.

IP Logged

MyLittlePony
Administrator

Vintage Mustang Owner

Dallas
Reply #3 - Dec 7th, 2008 at 9:29pm

Good job. Youre added to the registry btw. And your DSO, 74... ...if you didnt know by now, means that your car originally was shipped to Seattle. So odds are it spent all its like in WA. Any rust?

Laser Red is a very special color. Best to keep it out of the light as much as possible. Is it garaged? The metal flakes in the paint tend to react with the sun and bleach out. Redfire has the same issue. Thats why youll see 3 or 4 yo Redfires  that appear a little pink.

IP Logged

Ohgami
YaBB Newbies

Colt

Reply #4 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 7:00pm

Fairly rust free which was a good thing. I don't have a Garage but that's being built soon. Mostly cause the 66 Needs to go there above all other Cars Cheesy But the 98 Will share a spot in the garage too.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print