Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New from Aberdeen, Md (Read 2166 times)
dans04gt
YaBB Newbies

Colt

New from Aberdeen, Md
Mar 7th, 2010 at 7:27am

Hello i'm currently the Vice President of the Mustang Club of Maryland. My wife and i found/bought a 2004 Redfire Gt Convert. to replace our 1998 Gt Lazer Red Gt that was totaled in 2005. we found the Redfire on Cars.com trying to find a replacement for the 98. it was at a Chevy(sorry)dealer but the miles were very low for an 04 only 23,000 miles and the price was right. i kept watching the price drop over a month time calledto go and test drive the 04. got lost on the way it was getting late and we finally made it. fell in love with it. test drove it . it was like new car. made the saleman an offer and he said he'd have to talk to the sales manger. we said ok. This was a Thursday nite and got a call the next day and they said they wouldn't go that low on the price i said i'd have to call my Credit Union and told them what the Dealer said and they said they wouldn't drop $250 in the price. so the Credit Union said what ever the price was the would ok the loan. so i caled the dealer and told them we would take the car. We told the we would be up Monday afterwork to buy the car. Picked it up and drove it home. After all that we got the car $2000 under Kelly Blue Book value. of coure the miles added up since because its a daily driver. gets covered every nite. My wife and i attended the 45 Mustang Anniversary last April and had a blast. i'm a Member of the Mustang Club of Maryland since 1999 and have been an officer for 6 years with over 250 members nation wide mostly in Maryland. I have done some Mods to the car but from the poutside looks mostly stock. We just love the car and can't wait until the 50th Anny. btw this is my 3rd Mustang. my first was a 1066 Shelby GT 350 which i owned in High School and took me 30 years to buy another Mustang and well worth the wait. Thanks Dan Heagy. VP MCOM. our website is mustangclubofmd.com

IP Logged

MyLittlePony
Administrator

Vintage Mustang Owner

Dallas
Re: New from Aberdeen, Md
Reply #1 - Mar 10th, 2010 at 4:30pm

Great deal on the 04! Sorry to hear about the 98. Don't worry about putting miles on the car. I'm sure that I don't have to tell you that these cars were made to be driven. My daily driver currently has over 171,000 miles on it and is still just as fun and reliable as when I got it in 98.

Did you participate in the Mustangs Across America or just the main event? For the 40th and 45th I celebrated when the group drove through DFW. Couldn't join them though as I had to work.

Welcome to the site, and don't be afraid to mention the registry to other MCOM members.

IP Logged

dans04gt
YaBB Newbies

Colt

Re: New from Aberdeen, Md
Reply #2 - Mar 11th, 2010 at 7:19am

We came down from the Northeast and came down with some SSP Mustangs from New England. yes i did post for other MCOM members about this great site. Thanks Dan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print