Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Need to be more active (Read 8920 times)
dans04gt
YaBB Newbies

Colt

Need to be more active
Mar 25th, 2010 at 6:55am

I know everyone has weathered thru this very snowy winter and is getting ready for the Show season this year. but we need to be more active on this Fantastic Red Mustang website. its a great site . doesn't cost anything to be here. all you have to do is get on here post things about your cars. if you are in a real Mustang club (loik i am) not a online club. post upcoming shows , cruises, events and such. i know its hard running , getting website started but support this great site and be PROUD of your best Muscle car still in production for 46 years without never stopping production unlike the Corvette when th stopped for 1 year in the 80's. be very thankful Ford still produces he Mustang and seems it is getting better every year especially with the new 5.0 coming out this year. its going to tear up the streets. just take time once in awhile and enjoy this great Mustang website. and please drive safe and Thank Ford everytime you turn your key and start up your Mustang no matter what year you drive. Thank you Dan Heagy VP Mustang Club of Maryand.

IP Logged

MyLittlePony
Administrator

Vintage Mustang Owner

Dallas
Re: Need to be more active
Reply #1 - Apr 1st, 2010 at 12:49pm

Good point. It's quite sad watching sites like the silver registry become so active so quickly when they haven't even been around as long as this site. I have told people of this site but from who Ive heard from they already knew about it, claimed it was a great site for research, but I guess they don't really care about the forum as I don't see them post.

Another issue we have is that there has been 3 different red mustang sites since this one, two of which were abandoned after it's first year, 3rd one abandoned after 5 (torch red s197s). In fact on this site the forum link used to forward you to one of them because I had not set up my forum section yet, and knew that dividing the community by adding another would be bad.

To split us apart even more rather than google search for an existing registry people start their own with threads on other mustang forums. One even started one on facebook (yes we were around before them too). Such threads and sites tend to just be replies like "Im in!" "here's a pic of my mustang. And "whats my number?" You'd be surprised how much people want a number. Probably explains why people sign up but don't post here. And even though those mentioned responses are ok and even encouraged on this site, once they've showed interest and posted a pic, they're gone and never seen from again. At least on here what members do post actually comment on other peoples cars.

After mentioning what hurts this site, here's what helps, promotion. Very few people google for a registry. They were either told about it or saw a link to it. That's how we suddenly get bursts of people. You dont have to spam sites like others do, but if members here would like to see it grow I would suggest linking to it in your signature for other mustang related forums that you guys visit.

Offline promotion. I got some vinyl letter stickers designed for scrap booking and added it to my license plate frame. I also added a larger site decal set under my hood to display at car shows. I also leave business cards on my radiator shroud for people to take at shows and events. Sometimes if I see a really nice red mustang that's obviously owned by an enthusiast Ill leave a card with them. So far I have not seen any local members. A few people have bought shirts from the store. I do not recieve any profit from this store as I would have to raise prices. So right now cafepress gets all the money. Since wearing such shirts also promotes the site, I currently have no plans to. I do not know if this has brought in any people.

Anyway point is, I can't do this alone. So this is a request for everyone here to please help. Installed something new on your car? Tell us! Made a writeup or photochop on another mustang site? copy and paste it here too. Having mechanical problems? Post your technical question here. You may not find your answer here the same day but at least we can talk about it, and perhaps someday such posting actions will result in a much faster response time from multiple people.

Thank you.

IP Logged

dans04gt
YaBB Newbies

Colt

Reply #2 - Apr 1st, 2010 at 6:12pm

You got great points. even with our Mustang Club we have some problems with our meeting with low attendance and sometimes for shows too. i must give out 5 or more brochues a week. some people really sound excited about joining and you never see or hear from again. hey i got a Mustang and very proud to drive , show , cruise in it. that is what a Mustang i for. we have over 200 members and only see about 50 to 60 at a meeting or show. i don't know what's up with some people. but i'm really glad you turned me onto this site. hey if just us too so be it lol. i have been a member / VP of the Mustang Club of Maryland since 1999 . VP for 6 of those years and love it. i told my members about this site and haven't see any join yet. but will post it again about it. Thanks Again Dan and soon as i get someone to show me how to post pics i will.

IP Logged

MyLittlePony
Administrator

Vintage Mustang Owner

Dallas
Reply #3 - Apr 1st, 2010 at 6:46pm

Wow, thats as long as Ive had my mustang! About the club, I am confused as to why one needs separate membership in both MCA and their local chapter. People Ive spoken to who were past MCA members tell me that they were one for just one year, then just paid local club dues. When I joined, it was the local chapter too, not the official MCA, but it was also for just one year. I had already been attending several events without being a member, and membership to me just meant a sticker and a newsletter. I couldnt go to the meetings because while the events were close, the meetings were far away. So I guess the reasons for others are: distance, conflicted schedule, lack of interest in meeting activities and so on. Think about your average club member. Theyd really like to go, but their spouse doesnt, or dont know what to do with the kids, etc.

Thats what makes the internet so great. You can participate as much or as little as you want, whenever, and wherever you want. I was looking back at some old posts on other forums that addressed one of the now defunct sites.

Quote:
We are the Red Mustang Club or the RMC same thing..the registry belongs to my little pony and has nothing to do with the club that me and Greg are starting....

Quote:
Man... For a club that is supposed to be unified you guys sure do want to make sure that y'all stay separated... Unity is the best way but do what you gotta do mang...

That person made a whole lot of sense, which is why I linked to their forum rather than start my own. Truthfully thats probably what I should have done in the first place.

About posting pictures, theres two ways to go about it. In the reply field, either upload a pic to a server, and do a direct link using the picture icon button, or  below the message feild is a "browse" button. Select your pic, and upload it directly to this site.

IP Logged

RedTwilight
YaBB Newbies

Shinigami

Roxboro, NC
Reply #4 - Jul 28th, 2010 at 7:21am

I agree about the need for more active members!  I have just found out about this site. 
I was on one of the RedMustangClub websites.  Yes; I've been there, done that, heck I even bought the T-shirt.  I still have it hanging up in my closet.
MyLittlePony-  I remember you from that now defunct website.

It's a shame about the conflict between the other sites but hopefully now this one will be better.  Hopefully the membership and registry will prosper and more and more red mustang owners will join.  Maybe a little more "advertisement" on other mustang boards wouldn't hurt. 
I would hate to see yet another site devoted to red 'stangs go under.

Maybe we could even have a cruise/gathering/hang out at an event such as MustangWeek or even the up and coming 50th anniversary.

RedTwilightZERO&&1996 Cobra&&&&"I will destroy the stars...&&in their place I'll hang a black paper moon!"
RedTwilightZero RedTwilightZero  
IP Logged

MyLittlePony
Administrator

Vintage Mustang Owner

Dallas
Reply #5 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 3:57am

Yeah I had an agreement with the webmaster there. I would link to him, and he would link to me. The webmaster there added the registry section and made me moderator. Unfortunately, I was only given access to that section, which meant I had no editing powers outside. I kept emailing them about the spam, but they wouldnt do anything. Naturally my section was all clean Smiley

Thats when I finally launched this forum. I told them about our great spam filters. Many of the active posters came here, and posted, but they kinda gave up too. I wonder how many of them still have a red mustang. Its a good thing I told them when I had the chance, as later that year the site would be gone entirely.

May I ask how you found out about this site if you didnt discover it through RMC?

Have you seen this thread yet?
http://ww2.red-mustangs.com:8080/cgi-bin/redmustangforum/YaBB.pl?virboard=announ...

Also, sadly I recently found this:
https://sites.google.com/site/redmustangregistry/
This is a good example of someone who didnt even bother to do a search before investing time. Thankfully it doesnt seem to be doing too well, and hopefully it will die off, and not split the group apart again. It just stinks because this is a person who obviously cares, and would probably be a great contributor to this site.

And yes it would be nice to have a red mustang G2G. All the other colors do. Hopefully someday if we get enough people.

IP Logged

RedTwilight
YaBB Newbies

Shinigami

Roxboro, NC
Reply #6 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 5:30am

MyLittlePony wrote on Jul 29th, 2010 at 3:57am:
May I ask how you found out about this site if you didnt discover it through RMC?

Since it had been a loooooooonnnngggg time; I was trying to log on to RMC to see if anything other than spam was going on.  Keep getting error/website not found messages.  So I searched and found a link through a thread in the BadMustangs forum.

No I haven't seen that yet, but I'll take a look.
Also, sadly I recently found this:
https://sites.google.com/site/redmustangregistry/
This is a good example of someone who didnt even bother to do a search before investing time. Thankfully it doesnt seem to be doing too well, and hopefully it will die off, and not split the group apart again. It just stinks because this is a person who obviously cares, and would probably be a great contributor to this site.

Maybe someone should let him know about this one and maybe you two could collaborate and make things just that much greater for the red mustang nation.

And yes it would be nice to have a red mustang G2G. All the other colors do. Hopefully someday if we get enough people.

Mustang Week would probably be the best choice for a get together.  Too bad it's a year away!  Next year will be there 10th and it's looks to be even bigger than this years.  This year they had thousands (literally) of 'stangs roaming around Myrtle Beach, SC.

Right now I think red mustangs is too small to have a G2G alone with out some big event going on at the same time.

RedTwilightZERO&&1996 Cobra&&&&"I will destroy the stars...&&in their place I'll hang a black paper moon!"
IP Logged

MyLittlePony
Administrator

Vintage Mustang Owner

Dallas
Reply #7 - Aug 2nd, 2010 at 12:27am

Quote:

Mustang Week would probably be the best choice for a get together.  Too bad it's a year away!  Next year will be there 10th and it's looks to be even bigger than this years.  This year they had thousands (literally) of 'stangs roaming around Myrtle Beach, SC.

Right now I think red mustangs is too small to have a G2G alone with out some big event going on at the same time.

Mustangs Across America and The Great American Pony Drive has stopped by the area several times for various mustang anniversaries. And next years MCA is having their national show here next year. It would be cool to have a bunch of us show up together as a group.

IP Logged

RedTwilight
YaBB Newbies

Shinigami

Roxboro, NC
Reply #8 - Aug 12th, 2010 at 10:36am

So  where is everyone at!  In order for this board to be more active and to grow; we need to post more!  Currently in the past 6 months it seems there has only been about 4 separate people to post.  So come on all you members and start posting.  We need more activity!  With more activity, more people will be attracted to the site and it will grow. 
So everyone post up!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print