Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
H.O. Fibertrends Cobra cowl hood. (Read 15212 times)
RedTwilight
YaBB Newbies

Shinigami

Roxboro, NC
H.O. Fibertrends Cobra cowl hood.
Jul 28th, 2010 at 11:42am

Just thought I'd show off my new as yet to be installed hood for the Cobra.  It's a 1 1/2" cowl version of the stock OEM '96-'98 Cobra hood.
It's produced by H.O. Fibertrends and is of excellent quality!  H.O. Fibertrends is the company that made the original '95 Cobra R hoods for Ford.

I plan to modify it a little by adding some heat extractor vents similar to the '03-'04 Cobra hood vents.

RedTwilightZERO&&1996 Cobra&&&&"I will destroy the stars...&&in their place I'll hang a black paper moon!"
RedTwilightZero RedTwilightZero  
IP Logged

RedTwilight
YaBB Newbies

Shinigami

Roxboro, NC
Re: H.O. Fibertrends Cobra cowl hood.
Reply #1 - Jul 28th, 2010 at 12:02pm

OOPS..... could someone please move this to the Exterior Forum!  Embarrassed

Thanks! Roll Eyes

RedTwilightZERO&&1996 Cobra&&&&"I will destroy the stars...&&in their place I'll hang a black paper moon!"
IP Logged

MyLittlePony
Administrator

Vintage Mustang Owner

Dallas
Reply #2 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 4:21am

RedTwilight wrote on Jul 28th, 2010 at 12:02pm:
OOPS..... could someone please move this to the Exterior Forum!  Embarrassed

Thanks! Roll Eyes

Done Smiley

Looks good. My husband surprised me with a Cobra R hood from that company too for our anniversary. I needed a new hood and originally wanted a cobra R but ABC exclusive (who I always use since theyre local) stopped selling them. So I went with a horrid company called Age Classic Design. Theyre Cobra R hoods were all warped, and had very poor customer service. I dont know what I would have done if I had to have the item shipped. Anyway they eventually offered to trade me with a Cobra RR, which is much larger. (would have gone with a 00 cobra r, but they didnt make them for my body style back then) The hood never fit right, and never closed right, and would start cracking.

Yeah... ...theyre no longer in business anymore. It just stinks because ABC exclusive sells the Cobra RR hood, so I could have gotten theirs and would have been much happier. It just seemed like the only person out there selling Cobra R hoods was Cervini, and those are expensive, and have their logo embossed on it. My belief is if Im going to advertise for them, I want some sort of discount! Sad thing is, I dont think I have ever even heard of H.O. Fibertrends until my husband told me thats where it came from.

BTW, is painting it laser red going to be a problem? That paint (though looks good) doesnt age very well. I wonder about matching issues.

IP Logged

RedTwilight
YaBB Newbies

Shinigami

Roxboro, NC
Reply #3 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 5:46am

MyLittlePony wrote on Jul 29th, 2010 at 4:21am:
So I went with a horrid company called Age Classic Design.  ....
Yeah... ...theyre no longer in business anymore.

I thought I just saw their add in one of the mustang mags the other day.  I'll have to check.  But either way it seems that I will not be buying from them then.

BTW, is painting it laser red going to be a problem? That paint (though looks good) doesnt age very well. I wonder about matching issues.

Not going to be a problem at all.  When it gets painted I'm going to have the entire car repainted.  I'm also adding Saleen side skirts and rear bumper cover, stalker side scoops, either a Shinoda Boss spoiler or a custom made spoiler and a modified ABC Exclusives chin spoiler.

And I'm also not going to paint it laser red.  I plan to go with House of Kolor Candy Apple Red over an Orion Silver metallic base.  I plan to also have the painter to make sure to add some UV protection additive to the clear and maybe even the color coats.

IP Logged

MyLittlePony
Administrator

Vintage Mustang Owner

Dallas
Reply #4 - Aug 2nd, 2010 at 12:34am

RedTwilight wrote on Jul 29th, 2010 at 5:46am:
So I went with a horrid company called Age Classic Design.  ....Yeah... ...theyre no longer in business anymore.

I thought I just saw their add in one of the mustang mags the other day.  I'll have to check.  But either way it seems that I will not be buying from them then.

Must be an old magazine. The site no longer exists but the domain appears to be parked. Anything I find on google are several year old threads on how bad their hoods are.

Not going to be a problem at all.  When it gets painted I'm going to have the entire car repainted.  I'm also adding Saleen side skirts and rear bumper cover, stalker side scoops, either a Shinoda Boss spoiler or a custom made spoiler and a modified ABC Exclusives chin spoiler.

And I'm also not going to paint it laser red.  I plan to go with House of Kolor Candy Apple Red over an Orion Silver metallic base.  I plan to also have the painter to make sure to add some UV protection additive to the clear and maybe even the color coats. [/quote]

Thats gonna look sweet. Cant wait to see it!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print