Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What Made Your Pick Red? (Read 1957 times)
qwerty
YaBB Newbies

Colt

What Made Your Pick Red?
Aug 14th, 2010 at 2:38am

And in the off chance additional reds were offered for you model year, why did you pick that one?

My reason is because I believe that a convertible simply must be red. Its just sportier that way. Two other reds were offered but one was way too rare, and I dont think Ive ever seen it. And the other doesnt age well in the sun.

IP Logged

RedTwilight
YaBB Newbies

Shinigami

Roxboro, NC
Re: What Made Your Pick Red?
Reply #1 - Aug 16th, 2010 at 5:35am

I was cruising past one of the local dealerships back in '99 one Sat night.  As I drove past this one mustang caught my eye out front in the pre-owned lot.  This was back in my Fox body days when I said that I would not own a '94-'98 Mustang unless it was a 5.0 or a Cobra.  But something about this one just spoke to me(especially the color).  Since I had only caught a glimpse of it I thought it was a V6 or just possibly a GT.  So for some reason, I turned around and decided to take closer look.  At the dealership I got out of the blue '86 5.0 hatch with T-tops and walked over to the red mustang.  Sitting under the street light the color just grabbed my attention and refused to let go.  As I walked around to the front, since I was entranced by the deep laser red finish, it took me a moment before I realized that I was staring right at a Cobra!  So now totally enthralled by the curves and the hue of this machine I decided that come opening time on Monday I would go ask about it.  I had my dad come with me to co-sign the paperwork.  The rest as they say is history!

RedTwilightZERO&&1996 Cobra&&&&"I will destroy the stars...&&in their place I'll hang a black paper moon!"
RedTwilightZero RedTwilightZero  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print