Shinigami

Roxboro, NC
Re: I Remember When...
Reply #1 - Aug 16th, 2010 at 6:09am

qwerty wrote on Aug 14th, 2010 at 10:24pm:
You get the idea...

I remember when...
Gas was 98 cents a gallon (2001)

I remember when gas was 78 cents a gallon for Premium (1999-2000).  We used to fill up, go to a larger town and cruise all night.  Maybe an impromptu run at the stoplights and then hangout in the parking lots and BS about cars and stuff!  Then drive the 40 mins back home.  All while not worrying about whether or not we could afford to pay for the next tank of gas!

I remember when the very first Fast & Furious came out in theaters!  Hearing all the ricers revving up there four cylinders as we'd roll through the parking lot.  Then my friend in his '96 WS6 Trans Am would rev his up!  Followed by I revving up ZERO.  Then listening and not hearing a single four cylinder rev for several minutes!

RedTwilightZERO&&1996 Cobra&&&&"I will destroy the stars...&&in their place I'll hang a black paper moon!"
RedTwilightZero RedTwilightZero  
IP Logged

MyLittlePony
Administrator

Vintage Mustang Owner

Dallas
Reply #2 - Aug 17th, 2010 at 12:44am

RedTwilight wrote on Aug 16th, 2010 at 6:09am:
I remember when the very first Fast & Furious came out in theaters!  Hearing all the ricers revving up there four cylinders as we'd roll through the parking lot.  Then my friend in his '96 WS6 Trans Am would rev his up!  Followed by I revving up ZERO.  Then listening and not hearing a single four cylinder rev for several minutes!

Reminds me of when this one guy confused F&F with Gone in 60. He asked me and others if we had seen the first F&F. I was thinking, yeah, it wasnt that long ago. Im not that old. But we quickly figured out he was talking about the plot of the original Gone in 60 seconds. I must say though F&F really sure changed the car scene. It used to be that the only people who fixed up cars were really old men. Now the new generation is all about tuner cars. Its the modern hot rod. While I think indy spoilers and fart cannons should be a crime, I dont really mind the rest of that culture. So long as theyre not breaking any laws, and they get their body kits painted.

I remember when we used to have a 1997 firebird convertible, red of course. (tan interior, tan top) According to Pontiac, only 684 trans ams were made in those color options. Shame that ford isnt so generous with their info.

IP Logged

RedTwilight
YaBB Newbies

Shinigami

Roxboro, NC
Reply #3 - Aug 17th, 2010 at 5:05am

I remember back in the day when I could wake up early on Saturday mornings and watch cartoons til noon.  Not just the lame shows they have now but good ones like Voltron, Transformers, Robotech, GI Joe, Thundercats, He-Man, Silverhawks, Bugs Bunny, Dungeons and Dragons, etc... .  Then after wards we'd go outside and play! 

Now they have maybe 2 hours of Cartoons.  And the kids just stay inside playing video games.

Ahh.... the good ole days! Roll Eyes

RedTwilightZERO&&1996 Cobra&&&&"I will destroy the stars...&&in their place I'll hang a black paper moon!"
IP Logged

RedTwilight
YaBB Newbies

Shinigami

Roxboro, NC
Reply #4 - Aug 17th, 2010 at 5:24am

MyLittlePony wrote on Aug 17th, 2010 at 12:44am:
Reminds me of when this one guy confused F&F with Gone in 60. He asked me and others if we had seen the first F&F. I was thinking, yeah, it wasnt that long ago. Im not that old. But we quickly figured out he was talking about the plot of the original Gone in 60 seconds. I must say though F&F really sure changed the car scene. It used to be that the only people who fixed up cars were really old men. Now the new generation is all about tuner cars. Its the modern hot rod. While I think indy spoilers and fart cannons should be a crime, I dont really mind the rest of that culture. So long as theyre not breaking any laws, and they get their body kits painted.

I don't mind the import scene either!  Especially when it's one that's done right.  In fact I've thought about what if I had an import and how I'd modify it. 
My friends used to go down to the NOPI Nationals.  In the hotel parking lot it was usually my Cobra, my our friends red '96 WS6, and our other friend's red '98 Z28 surrounded by a bunch of imports. LOL

I've noticed the ricer scene has been declining, but the number of well done imports are on the rise.  Seems some have matured and started to ditch the insanely garish body kits and huge spoilers for something more refined.

Be it American Muscle or Foreign designs; Hot Rodding will never die!

IP Logged

UmmYeahOk
YaBB Newbies

Colt

Reply #5 - Aug 17th, 2010 at 10:22pm

I remember when animated theatrical releases were always 2D and whatever fancy CGI generated crap they used was mostly for camera angles, and didnt distract from the rest of the 2D world. I also remember when 3D movies was something you only heard about, and it involved cheesy paper glasses with red and blue lenses. And whatever clear lens 3D movie you saw, it involved some ancient attraction at disney world.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print