Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
hi from god's country (Read 2088 times)
speed_racer
YaBB Newbies

Colt

hi from god's country
Jan 3rd, 2011 at 8:53pm

this is just to say high.  I have a 95 GTS with 100,000 miles on it.  It's laser red. No mod's as of yet.  My baby has a manual driver's seat.  Does anyone know how many were made like this? I'm adding a picture of my baby. Enjoy.

IP Logged

MyLittlePony
Administrator

Vintage Mustang Owner

Dallas
Re: hi from god's country
Reply #1 - Jan 4th, 2011 at 12:04am

speed_racer wrote on Jan 3rd, 2011 at 8:53pm:
 Does anyone know how many were made like this?

Welcome to the site. As a matter of fact, yes.
http://redmustangs.com/production.htm
GTS were only produced in 1995, and only 1,123 laser red GTSes were built.  A total of 6,370 were made that year. Of those, 4,848 were manual, 1,522 were automatic.

The GTS was basically the SN-95 version of the fox body LXes. Basically a base model, zero option V6, only you get the extra bonus of 2 additional cylinders. However any option availible for the V6es were also available to a GTS, but it is unknown how many cars were ordered with what.

One of the reasons GTSes appear more rare (than they already are) is because there were no special badging. They appeared like a poser V6 with duals. I remember seeing my first GTS at a show. It had no rear spoiler and no fog lights, which were standard on the GTs. The interior also appeared like a v6 would... ...but the hood was open. So I quickly learned that this was the real deal.

IP Logged

RedTwilight
YaBB Newbies

Shinigami

Roxboro, NC
Re: hi from god's country
Reply #2 - Jan 12th, 2011 at 8:16am

Welcome to the site!  Great Looking GTS!

Most people probably don't even know about the GTS except for the ones in the Mustang community.  So I wonder how many people are riding around in a GTS and don't even know it!

RedTwilightZERO&&1996 Cobra&&&&"I will destroy the stars...&&in their place I'll hang a black paper moon!"
RedTwilightZero RedTwilightZero  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print