Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
red inside (Read 2743 times)
Boburt
YaBB Newbies

Colt

red inside
Mar 17th, 2011 at 8:44pm

Hey everyone. I don't have a red mustang, but I have a red interior. I was hoping that this would be the place to find out some solid info!  I have a 1994 opal frost GT with red leather interior. I have found production numbers on the exterior color, but no solid information on the interior combined with opal frost. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

DSCN0191.JPG (1651 KB | )
DSCN0191.JPG

IP Logged

MyLittlePony
Administrator

Vintage Mustang Owner

Dallas
Re: red inside
Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2011 at 2:15am

Welcome to the site. I am assuming that your already know about
http://ww2.red-mustangs.com:8080/interior.htm
and
http://ww2.red-mustangs.com:8080/redint.htm

I would love to add your car to the interior registry if you are interested. As you can see, there is currently no 94 Opal Frosts listed.

All that is currently known about this interior is on the linked site. There once was a guy who would research 94s, but could only do GTs/cobras due to the amount of vehicles in the system. Unfortunately he can no longer be reached. Ive been told every year since 2008 that Marti Autowerks, will soon be doing marti reports for these years. Every year I email them to check, since each time they will give me a time frame when I could finally order, which always passes. Its about time for me to send another yearly email requesting this research.

I can however tell you that 480 4F interiors were produced in a 1994 GT convertible. Not sure if yours is a coupe or not, but thats a pretty low number considering that includes all 4 exterior colored options, not just one. I got this info from an old website, that earlier mentioned guy did, archived of course, since the site is also gone. But he did tell me that red interior was "very rare" and that most were ordered with red or white exterior cars. I would think gray with red would be even MORE rare, and of course, being GT leather, even rarer than that! If you divide the 4F interior equally 4 ways, each colored convertibles would have 120 with red. However, considering the popularity of red and white, I would say black and gray had even less numbers! And of those two, gray even less than black. (just assuming)

I have had my car since 98, and continue to pursue red interior information. Anything new collected, will definitely be posted here, so keep checking. And of course, should you find anything, please let me know. Many red interior owners (what exist anyway) come here looking for answers, and I would love for them to know just how special their interior really is.

IP Logged

Boburt
YaBB Newbies

Colt

Re: red inside
Reply #2 - Mar 19th, 2011 at 10:47am

I have only had the car for about a year. It was sitting for about six years before I bought it, for $3500! It is a coupe, 5 spd, GT. The car does have some mods including a cervinis ram air hood, front bumper, and wing. I have it in storage at this time, since I live in western Pa, but when the roads get cleaned up, and the weather settles down I'll get some pictures and send them to you. I'll keep looking for info, and will definitely let you know if I come up with anything new. This site is the best info that I have been able to find so far! Thanks, and let me know how it goes with Marti!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print