Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New to RMR (Read 1652 times)
REDROKR
YaBB Newbies

Lincoln,NE
New to RMR
May 3rd, 2013 at 10:44am

Glad I found this community.  Where I'm from Red Mustangs are the minority.   I had a 05 modified inside and out Black until someone decided to rearend me and total the car.  Insurance money helped to buy my new 2013 I ordered from the factory last September.  I decided RACE RED.  Thought that would get the attention of idiot drivers out there, and it just looks good in Red.
« Last Edit: May 15th, 2013 at 11:53pm by MyLittlePony »  
IP Logged

MyLittlePony
Administrator

Vintage Mustang Owner

Dallas
Re: New to RMR
Reply #1 - May 16th, 2013 at 12:06am

Welcome to the site. Sorry to hear about your old car. I dont know what I would do if mine ever got totaled. I have liability only, and though my car is far from stock, I know the other persons coverage would only give me $1000-$2000, salvaging the title. Like I could get another one like mine, even stock. Heck, just a respray of the factory paint would be enough to total it.

As for hoping it will get the attention of other motorists, sadly, you will still be invisible. People just dont look or care. Even jaywalkers will just stroll right by me forcing me to stop, never once looking at me. They just assume people will yeild, so why look. Youd think with the loud music, and loud engine/exhaust, theyd look at me, but the dont. Motorists are the worst. Its like they wait until youre close enough before pulling out in front of you. And if youre on a multilaned road, they will always pick your lane.

At one point I even had BLUE neon so that people could see me at night. No. Invisible. Even during the daytime, if I drove with my lights on, they still do it. I dont think its modern distractions, or the false sense of security. People just dont care.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print