Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New from Oil soaked Florida (Read 4923 times)
[Ran-D]
YaBB Newbies

Colt

Pensacola, FL
New from Oil soaked Florida
Jun 8th, 2010 at 3:43pm

What a cool website! I love it! So glad it's alive and running.

Yes we have oil on our pretty white beaches, it's just heart-breaking. Our friends went out to see it first hand and there kids got it on there feet and hands and we were told it was worse than dye it will not come off with regular soap and water. Please don't purchase from B.P. dont put that junk in you sweet Pony.

Thought I would share this particular picture with everyone. It was taken at the Pensacola Naval Air Station Museum. So who do you think is faster that slow F-14 or My Torch Red GT ? LOL We had a Mustang show here this year in March and we lined our Stang's up and took a little tour to the museum. If you look closely in the background you can see some of the other cars. We are home to the Blue Angels and there old planes are hanging from the ceiling in the Museum. Come see us!

It's great to be on this site and I am looking forward to diggin in deeper.

Smoke em if you got em (Tires that is)
"Ran-D"

Whos_Faster.jpg (88 KB | )
Whos_Faster.jpg

IP Logged

MyLittlePony
Administrator

Vintage Mustang Owner

Dallas
Re: New from Oil soaked Florida
Reply #1 - Jun 9th, 2010 at 10:17pm

Great Pic! Welcome to the site. My mother has a beach house in Destin. I dont know how bad it is over there. I saw that she received a letter asking about damages. You see, its a rental property. I asked her if anyone has canceled or if shes seen less people. Being summer, its the busy season. She doesnt know yet. But my uncle lives there.

Got any pictures of the Pensacola coast? We dont really have any BP stations over here where Im from. So I wouldnt be buying from them anyway. But yeah, I totally support the boycott.

I had to sell my very first car that I ever had (got when I was 14). Its one of the reasons why I have my mustang now. The engine has been transplanted into a 24hr of Lemons car, which raced last weekend. It did quite well. Heres some pics:

According to jalopnik.com, it got a black flag for leaking fuel... ...kinda ironic.

IP Logged

[Ran-D]
YaBB Newbies

Colt

Pensacola, FL
Reply #2 - Jun 10th, 2010 at 12:11pm

Great Car! I love the bumper stickers. Black flag for leaking oil, you had to see that one coming.

bilde.jpg (24 KB | )
bilde.jpg

IP Logged

[Ran-D]
YaBB Newbies

Colt

Pensacola, FL
Reply #3 - Jun 10th, 2010 at 12:12pm

Pensacola Beach

bilde2.jpg (26 KB | )
bilde2.jpg

IP Logged

[Ran-D]
YaBB Newbies

Colt

Pensacola, FL
Reply #4 - Jun 10th, 2010 at 12:22pm

BP gas station sign:

IP Logged

MyLittlePony
Administrator

Vintage Mustang Owner

Dallas
Reply #5 - Jun 10th, 2010 at 10:53pm

[Ran-D] wrote on Jun 10th, 2010 at 12:22pm:
BP gas station sign:

Funny. So Im responsible for the spill? Reminds me of those semi trucks with signs that read "not responsible for broken windshields." These are typically the trucks hauling gravel and dont tarp down their cargo and hit a bump, which causes 5 cars that werent even in the same lane to get hit... ...guess theyre assuming those who get damage tailgate semis.

Anyway, according to my Uncle all is well in Destin. My moms friend is going next week, and my cousin the week after that so its possible that the mess will wash up soon, as Pensacola isnt all that far.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print