Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New from Long Island, NY (Read 3843 times)
tees98gt
YaBB Newbies

Colt

New from Long Island, NY
Sep 30th, 2010 at 8:20pm

Hi my name is Tom from NY, specifically from Long Island.  My Stang is a 1998 Laser Red convertible GT. I am one of the founders of a local car club here on LI called “All American Mustangs of NY”.  I’ve been a member of the Red Mustang Registry for quite some time now. I haven’t had the opportunity to introduce myself. I’ve seen the RMR membership grow over the past year or so.  If anyone wishes to contact me about AAMNY they can do so though the clubs website.  Glad to be a part of this. Tom

American Muscle 2010 Car Show

IP Logged

MyLittlePony
Administrator

Vintage Mustang Owner

Dallas
Re: New from Long Island, NY
Reply #1 - Oct 4th, 2010 at 2:51am

tees98gt wrote on Sep 30th, 2010 at 8:20pm:
I’ve been a member of the Red Mustang Registry for quite some time now.

Wow, two years ago! Welcome back!

IP Logged

tees98gt
YaBB Newbies

Colt

Reply #2 - Oct 4th, 2010 at 5:56pm

MyLittlePony wrote on Oct 4th, 2010 at 2:51am:
tees98gt wrote on Sep 30th, 2010 at 8:20pm:
I’ve been a member of the Red Mustang Registry for quite some time now.

Wow, two years ago! Welcome back!

It was even longer than 2 years.  I was registered under a different tag, before RMR went through a transformation.  After the change I wasn’t able to sign in under my original user name. So I reregistered using a new login name, now here I am.  If my club is attending a car event in the LI NY area, I’ll add it as a post or a link to our forum. I will do this only if it’s okay with you. Let me know.

IP Logged

MyLittlePony
Administrator

Vintage Mustang Owner

Dallas
Reply #3 - Oct 6th, 2010 at 12:45am

We had some data loss in 09, but we only lost 2 members. I think you are referring to the redmustangclub.com which many of our members came from. Although the purchase of red-mustangs.com was new in 08. Would of been around in 04 or 05 had someone not purchased redmustangs.com and redmustangregistry.com in the hopes that one day they could resell it for big money. I bet they were surprised the second they let it expire Grin I just wished that I had waiting a few more months and not have gotten red-mustangs.com and built the site around that. I just assumed that after the years I had been watching, theyd get renewed.

The owner of Redmustangclub.com didnt really search first before creating their site, and created a forum, but I had the info and registry, so in an effort not to compete and potentially split the group by finishing my own forum, I agreed to link to them, while they linked back to us, while getting registry submissions through their site.

Unfortunately the owner quickly lost interest, the forum got spammed to death, and eventually shut down altogether. Had I of just gone ahead and added the forum like I was going to, we'd probably be as big as BMC and RMR. SilverMustangs.com came after us, and look how big they are!  Embarrassed

IP Logged

tees98gt
YaBB Newbies

Colt

Reply #4 - Oct 6th, 2010 at 12:11pm

If I can contribute in anyway just let me know. You can PM me with any suggestions. I would be happy to help.  It would be very cool to be as big as the Yellow Mustangs or the Silver Mustangs.  I will check in more often than I have in the past. Glad I made the effort to make a post. I’ll add Photobucket links to the photography section of the forum. They are quite harmless, could it will give members something to look at. It would be nice to get members more active in the forum.

IP Logged

MyLittlePony
Administrator

Vintage Mustang Owner

Dallas
Reply #5 - Oct 7th, 2010 at 12:54am

A great way to help is to get the word out. If you know enthusiasts offline, you could tell them about it. An easy way also is if you are a member of other mustang forums, you can add a link in your signature. That way if someones interested, they can click on it, and you're not spamming anyone. You can either add just text or some images I added here:
http://ww2.red-mustangs.com:8080/cgi-bin/redmustangforum/YaBB.pl?virboard=introd...

Another thing that will help is keeping this forum active. As you mentioned, posting up some pics in the photo section would be awesome. Any time you have anything to say, even if it's off topic, you could do it here. If you post on another forum, you could copy and past it here also for us to read and comment on. Even if it's a technical question. Oh, and feel free to necropost if you like.

Thanks for your help.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print